Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cars, trains, toilets and John Key

So....had to try and get the car fixed, but as it's an Alfa Romeo, acquiring parts has proved to be very difficult...My mechanic friend is on his holidays, and so me and another friend are going to try and fit the brake pads ourselves tomorrow...that should be interesting!

That's if we can find the pads, I spoke to the Alfa dealer and even they couldn't be sure which type the were. So plan is as follows;

1) Up early head over to me mates
2) Move the car into his driveway and jack it up
3) Whop one of the pads off
4) Drive around all day trying to find one that matches
5) Attempt to fit them

Best of all I will be looking at paying at least $80 for them.....Still that's better than the 200 at a garage, not that the car would make it to the nearest one without the brakes shattering.

Oh my God I hate cars!!

I hate trains even more than cars though, and I had to take a 45 minute trip on one yesterday after realising that there was 0% chance of survival if I drove any further in my motor!

I was dying for the loo but had to pretty much run to the station as I had precisely 2 minutes until the train came! I get there and have just enough time to nip to the toilet...WRONG!! The lavatories are on the other side of the tracks, and the only way over was via 100 kilometers of underground passages and caves...I seriously considered trying to jump the 10 ft electric fence stopping people from just crossing the tracks..Alas i saw the headlights of my train...

Now this leaves an interesting question...You are desperate for the loo but your train is there...do you

A) wait until next spring for another train
B) risk a bendy hilly trip and pray you can hold it

I went for B...luckily it was one of the new fancy trains like we had back in London and it actually had a loo on board..Relief!!...well not quite as I'm a terrible aim as it is let alone trying when the train is doing light-speed through a hairpin turn..

It made the trip a little more bearable though as the main reason I hate train journeys is the anxiety of being trapped in a capsule with hundreds of people from every walk of life. There was a nun, a businessmen, a neo-Nazi, a baby, and a man that must of been over 100 years old! So many different types of people, a train is like someone seriously misinterpreted the bit in the bible about Noah and his arc!!

I try to avoid trains/planes/buses/bicycles and now my car as well!! Perhaps I was just meant to stay at home and moan about things!

And to top it all off while I was drinking my cup of tea last night, I was watching a program about the Prime Minister, John Key and it showed him trying to dance during the elections at something called "big gay out" Where he is flapping his arms around in between two largely built drag queens...seriously that is the person that is running New Zealand at the moment. Politics I mean....Really!!


This is our freaking Prime Minister...I I thought Gordon Brown was cocking it up over in the UK (see what I did thur) but this is nuts! (and again)!

1 comment:

  1. Lovin your blog angel xxxx
    Bloody funny you poor thing!! lol lol lol lol
    You have to admit that John Key has seriously got some "balls" to be even in the presence of those two!! (hehehe)
    Love you mwah

    ReplyDelete

Please don't forget to add your name, so i know who you are ;)